I am launching a new project. I have been into homeschooling for at least a dozen years. Five beautiful children under my care. Oh no, it has not been smooth and easy. I do not claim that it is now, but it has been better in the sense that I have become more self-aware, more self-controlled, and more self-giving. I guess that is what this journey is all about, isn't it? That I grow, so, in turn, my children can, too. It has been a long, challenging journey. Internal ones can be, with repressed hurts cropping up as soon as the little ones start threatening your sanity with their demanding cries. And you wonder if you can make it out alive, or if they can. It takes trust in God, and a child-like clinging to our Lady to have the peace of mind, and confidence that even beyond conception, each member of the family continues to be wonderfully made. At the end of the process of homeschooling, I can hope that my children will be who they are supposed to be, not because I did such a great job, but because despite my wretchedness, our Lord is merciful, healing our broken pieces, lifting us up so we can carry on. Never has been my direction more clearer than when I accepted my homeschool mom mission. Ad aeternum.
Today, I launch my project of sharing my journey as a Catholic homeschooling advocate. I am not so sure how it will go. It is my hope that it can help another parent look beyond frustrating math problems, and cluttered rooms, but to see that it all is a labor beyond this world. Ad Caelum!
Comments
Post a Comment